Hankyu Kanzakigawa Station (阪急神崎川駅), just 6 minutes from Umeda, serves a very quiet old neighborhood in Yodogawa ward. Surprisingly, it has a fairly long shopping arcade (三津谷). This arcade is the walkable main street of the neighborhood.
The streets above are highlighted hierarchically as follows:
– Magenta: The Mitsuya covered shopping arcade.
– Cyan: Single Lane One Way (minimal road width, maximum sidewalk width).
– Red: “Busy” Boulevards.
– Orange: “Quiet” Boulevards.
– Yellow: Woonerfs & Narrow Streets.
– Green: Laneways. Only a fraction (3/4?) are highlighted.
Note that the whole highlighted area lies within a single island of walkability.
The Hierarchy of Japanese Streets categorizes the highlighted streets as follows* (with stats given for this area specifically):
The incredible density of woonerfs / narrow streets is off the charts.
* Only a fraction (3/4?) of the Laneways are counted and highlighted (green).
The Busy Boulevard at the south end of the arcade (looking west):